The District of Kapurthala is situated in Punjab State of Northwestern India. It is 1633 Sq. km. in area. It comprises of two Parts separated by 32 Km from each other. The First Part has Kapurthala, Sultanpur Lodhi and Bholath Tehsils. It is surrounded by District Hoshiarpur in the Northeast, River Beas separates it from District Gurdaspur in the North, River Beas separates it from District Amritsar in the Northwest and West, River Sutlej separates it from District Jalandhar in the Southeast and District Ferozepur in the South. The Second Part has Phagwara Tehsil. It is surrounded by District Jalandhar in the West and South, District Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar in the Southeast and District Hoshiarpur in the North and Northeast. The City of Kapurthala is the headquarter of this District.
The City of Kapurthala was founded by Rana Kapur, a Scion of the Ruling Family of Jaisalmer (in State Rajasthan) in the 11th Century. It was the Capital of the Princely State of Kapurthala founded and consolidated by Sardar Jassa Singh Ahluwalia in 1748. The District is known for large Export trade in Sugar, Wheat and Cotton. The metal work and hand- painted clothes of Tehsil Phagwara are also famous.The town of Kapurthala is famous for Rail Coach Factory which produces 1500 Coaches per Year.
This District has been divided into 4 Tehsils and 1 Sub-Tehsil -Tehsil – Kapurthala , Phagwara , Sultanpur Lodhi , BholathSub-Tehsil – Dhilwan
If there are any omissions or errors in Gurudwara Sahibs listed in Kapurthala or there are additional Gurudwaras in Kapurthala, Please Contact Us with details.
Gurudwara Sri Bebe Nanaki Ji Sahib, Sultanpur Lodhi, constructed in 1970`s, honours ...