Gurudwara Thamm Sahib Patshahi Chevin – Domeli
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 13 Km from Phagwara City on Phagwara-Hoshiarpur Road in Village Domeli.
The Sixth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji visited this place in 1635. Guru Ji installed a wooden Log (known as Thamm in Punjabi) here, which has been preserved as a holy relic draped in cloth. Hence the Gurdwara is known as Thamm Sahib.
When Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji arrived here the villagers where followers of a faqir and worshipping an earth idol.
Guru Hargobind provided the villagers with advice and guidance on how to pray to God through Naam Simran. As a result the villagers became Sikhs and demolished the idols.
The villagers were scared of being cursed by the faqir and asked Guru Hargobind to save them from snakes and fire.
Guru Hargobind installed a Tham (wooden beam) to remind the villagers of his visit and protection.