Sekha, a Village 11 km east of Barnala (30"23`N, 75()32 E) in Sangrur district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Sahib Guru Sar Patshahi Nauvin, situated on a low mound. According to local tradition. Guru Tegh Bahadur arrived here from Muloval on 22 December 1665 and stayed for two days. In those days there were 22 Villages around here inhabited by peasants of the Javanda clan. They were followers of a bairagi ascetic, Durga Das, and their chief Tiloka, took no notice of the Guru and his Sikhs.
However, a person of humbler station, Durgu by name, served him with devotion. As Guru Tegh Bahadur saw Tiloka walk past in pride wearing silver slippers, he enquired from his audience the name of the passerby. They answered that he was Tiloka, the master of 22 Villages of the Javandas. "He lacks intelligence" remarked the Guru. Tiloka soon realized his error and sought the Guru`s pardon for his insolence, through his sister at Kattu, where the Guru had his next halt.
The memorial platform built on the mound near a water pool was in course of time developed into a gurdwara. The cornerstone of the present building constructed by Sant Kirpal Singh of Chhanna was laid on 20 May 1940. It comprises a hall with a square sanctum within it and a verandah on three sides. A lotus dome rises above the sanctum. The old water pool has been converted into a Sarovar. Close by is the Guru ka Langar. The Gurdwara owns over 25 acres of land and is manged by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.