Gurudwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib , Jind
Gurudwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib , Jind is situated in city Jind. Gurudwara Sahib is situated in near Rani Talab. Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji came here while his southern tour. Later Gurudwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib came here while going to Delhi. GURU Sahib came here via Dhamtan, Kharakbhura, and Khatkar Kalan
Jind was visited by Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji who came here during the southern tour.
Later Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib came here while going to Delhi. Guru Tegh Bahadur came here via Dhamtan, Kharakbhura, and Khatkar Kalan.
Jind, a district town in Haryana, was once the capital of a Sikh State of this name. Even after the capital had been shifted to Sangrur in 1827, the coronation ceremony of the rulers continued to be performed at Jind.
Gurdwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Jind, also known as Gurdwara Manji Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib, was constructed by Raja Gajpat Singh, the first Sikh ruler of the Jind State.
Of the original building, only the three storeyed gateway now remains. The rest has been replaced by a modern building with a spacious assembly hall the foundation of which was laid on 20th April 1975.
It is topped with a massive dome, with a domed pavilion at each corner. To the east of the hall is the sarovar. Accomodation for Sikhs and Guru ka Langar is to the south of it.
The Gurdwara is administered by a local committee with the assistance of a manager appointed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.