Gurdwara Tambu Sahib Patshahi Chhevin, Alampur
Alampur, village 11 km southwest of Dasuya (31Â°49’N, 75Â°39’E) in Hoshiarpur district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), who stayed here for several days during an hunting expedition. The place where he pitched his tents (tambu, in Punjabi) came to be treated as holy. The shrine subsequently established here was called Gurdwara Tambu Sahib Patshahi Chhevin. Situated on a low mound about 250 metres south of the village, it was endowed during Sikh rule with a land grant of 75 acres. Its present building constructed by the local sangat in 1983 is a small rectangular hall with the sanctum at one end. The Gurdwara is affiliated to Nirmal Akhara and is managed by Nirmala priests.