Gurudwara Damdama Sahib, Chamkaur Sahib
The site was then a garden belonging to two brothers, Rai Jagat Singh and Rup Chand, the local landlord. The Guru sent some of his disciples to request Rai Jagat Singh to let him take shelter in his haveli. Jagat Singh, for fear of the rulers wrath, refused, but his younger brother, Rup Chand, asserting his right as a co-owner of the house, allowed Guru Gobind Singh to enter.
According to other chronicles, the names of the owners of the property were Budhi Chand and Gharibu.
According to the book, Guru Shabad Ratnakar, Mahan Kosh, Guru Gobind Singh had been here once before when he was on his way to Kurukshetra in 1702. A small gurdwara was first constructed here around 1930 by Sardar Bahadur Dharam Singh (1881-1933), a well known philanthropist of Delhi. There was also another battle, between Guru Gobind Singh and two Mughal forces, that had occurred near here years before.
The present building was raised in 1963 by Sant Piara Singh of Jhar Sahib. It duplicates the design of the central building of the older Gurdwara Qatalgarh Sahib a square sanctum on the ground floor within a square hall, and a domed room above the sanctum with decorative cupolas at the corners.
The Gurdwara is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee, with offices located at Gurdwara Qatalgarh Sahib
Gurudwara Sri Damdama Sahib Chamkaur Sahib is situated in the Chamkaur Sahib town in Ropar district. On 6 poh samat 1761, in night, Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji, left the fort of Sri Anandpur Sahib and crossed the river Sirsa and reached Ropar through Burj Majra. On 7 poh samat 1761, he reached at this place. Guru Sahib send his 5 Singhs to jagat Singh, who was the owner of the garhi, so to give them shelter for some time. Singhs went to jagat Singh and conveyed the message of Guru Sahib and also said that Guru Sahib is residing in the orchid which is situated outside the town.
On listening this Rai Jagat got scared from the muslim troops so he just ingnored them and said that he is unable to give his offerings and is not worth to take care of Guru Sahib. After listening to jagat Singh's answer 5 sikhs returned to Guru Sahib and told whole conversation. Then Guru Sahib send one sikh with 50 coins again to that place than that Singh requested jagat Singh's younger brother roop chand to give there place. Roop chand took 50 coins and gave his half share in that garhi means half his home for shelter than Guru Sahib with his 2 sons and 40 Singhs moved to that garhi and entered the place. On this rai jagat informed the mughal troops in Roop nagar which were searching for Guru Sahib. The troops reached the ghari and surrounded the area by seeing this Guru Sahib prepared his Singhs for the war which is called the battle of Chamkaur.