The first Gurdwara in Phuket was constructed by the Sikhs who had come to Phuket to do Tin Mining and Railway Engineering under the supervision of the British in the year 1939 A.D. These groups of Sikhs were also involved in the Indian National Army (INA) during the World War II.
Later there were many Sikh businessmen started migrating to Phuket to start a business in the field of tailoring and hotel. More Sikhs moved to Phuket, when the province was made into one of the main tourist spots of Thailand. This led to a necessity in expanding and renovating the Gurdwara to be able to accommodate the increasing number of Sikhs in Phuket. The Gurdwara Committee of Phuket along with many other Sikhs together helped in constructing a new Gurdwara. The opening ceremony was held on January 22, 2001. The Chief Minister for this occasion was Privy Council Member, Bichit Kulavnich..
Address:8 Suthat Rd., A. Muang, Phuket 83000
courtesy: Thai Sikh .org