The Khalsa Diwan Society came to be on July 22nd, 1906 and was registered on March 13th, 1909. The corporate name was ï¿½The Khalsa Diwan Societyï¿½. Theyï¿½re first site and gurdwara was built in 1908 at 1866 West 2nd Avenue. It was inaugurated on January 19th, 1908. The financial structure of the society was based on how many Sikhs were living in British Columbia. Donations rised considerably as more Sikhs came to B.C. and donated money. The population of Sikhs rised in the period of 1904-1908 with the population being 5185. It jumped down to 2342 in 1911. Sikh population dwindled even more as 1918 approached to 1099. The society decided to build a new gurdwara in 1969. The society purchased 2.75 Acres of city land in 1968. Construction was completed in the first week of April 1970 for a price of $6,060. Sri Guru Granth Sahib was moved from the 2nd Avenue gurdwara to the Ross Street gurdwara on Vasakhi Day 1970.
The Khalsa Diwan Society Vancouver, is a Sikh society based at a gurdwara in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The current site is located at 8000 Ross St, Vancouver, BC