Gurudwara Sri kesgarh Sahib is situated in the central place of city Anandpur Sahib. It is also known as takht Sri kesgarh Sahib. After the establishment of Anandpur Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh ji used to hold congregations on this hill. Revelation of khalsa and first inititation (khande di pahul) took place here. At that time the hill of kesgarh Sahib was at least 10-15 feat higher than its present height. By the side of this hill there stood another hill. It was known as "tambu (tent) wali pahari" because a special tent was set up here on the day of revelation of khalsa. This hill does not exist any more. Similarly, there was a long range of small hills extending from kesgarh Sahib to Anandpur fort. Kesgarh Sahib fort was built in 1699. The hill armies attacked Anandpur Sahib several times between 1700 and 1705 but never could the invading armies reach kesgarh Sahib because it was a very strong fort and before reaching the gates of this fort the armies had to capture the fort at taragarh, agamgarh, Fatehgarh and anandgarh. This could not happen even once in the history of Anandpur Sahib. It was only on december 6,1705, when Guru Sahib abandoned the town, the hill armies entered this fort and demolished it. The sikhs could not enter Anandpur Sahib till Baba Banda Singh Bahadur subjugated the ruler of bilaspur. The sikhs had to face another wave of persecution after the fall of Baba Banda Singh. Within the next ten years most of the sikh homeland was under the rule of mahaRaja ranjit Singh, the sikh misls and the Patiala dynasty and this meant peace in the Punjab; hence Anandpur Sahib was most safe place for the sikhs. Takht Sri keshgarh Sahib is the main Shrine at Anandpur Sahib. At Anandpur Sahib there are lying many historical relics (pictures in photo gallery) which belong to Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji, khanda (double edged sword) Guru ji used to prepare amrit on the revelation of khalsa day. Kataar it was Sri Guru Gobind Singhs personal dagger he used to carry it with him. Saif it is double egded weapon presented to Guru Sahib by mughal empror Bahadur shah. Gun was presented to Guru Sahib by one of sikhs from lahore.