This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 9 Km from Mohali City and 13 Km from State Capital Chandigarh in Village Padiala of Tehsil Kharar.
In the year 1634, the Sixth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was returning from Kurukshetra to Kiratpur Sahib. The Pathans of Ropar, who were jealous of Guru Ji's popularity, attacked Guru Ji near the Villages of Kharar City. The battle got fierce at Village Padiala. The Sikhs of Guru Ji who were residing at Village Naggal Singhan since 1632, fought on behalf of Guru Ji. These Sikhs continued to fight against the Pathans till the last drop of their blood and paved the way for the safe passage of Guru Ji to Kiratpur Sahib. When Guru Ji reached Village Brahman Majra, he saved the Doli (the marriage Palanquin) of the daughter of a poor Brahmin from the Mughals. Then the Hindus and the Sikhs of Village Brahman Majra joined Guru Ji. They followed the Mughal forces till Ropar City and defeated them. After this defeat, the Mughals of Ropar never dared to attack Guru Ji. Guru Ji blessed the Sikhs who had won martyrdom at this place by saying that all those Sikhs have gone to the place of the Almighty and now they are free from the cycle of birth and death. Guru Ji named this place as the gateway of the house of Almighty. Guru Ji installed a Nishan Sahib (the religious flag of Sikhs) here and said that anyone who will serve here while reciting the name of God, all his wishes would be fulfilled and he would get all the happiness and pleasures.
The Ninth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji visited this place in 1665 alongwith his wife Mata Gujri Ji, his Mother Mata Nanaki Ji and some other Sikhs, while on his way from Kiratpur Sahib to Delhi. Guru Ji went to Village Gharuan from this place.