This historical place, known as Dharamsala of the First Patshahi, is located in Mohalla Chohatta Mufti Baqar inside Delhi gate of Lahore city. In those days the locality was known as Siryanwala Bazaar or Chohatta Jawahar Mal.In 1567 Bikrami (1510 AD) Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Ji stayed in the house of Duni Chand, one, of his Devotee. Guru Dev arrived on the day when Duni hand was performing the ritual of "Saradah" of his father. Guru Dev Ji dissuaded him from these fallacies and brought him into the folds of Sikhism. Since the house of Duni Chand was touched by the feet of the Gur Dev Ji it was elevated to the status of a Gurdwara
Mahants were responsible for its care from the very start which passed on to local committee in 1920. From 1927-47 Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee maintained this Shrine. It is now in the custody of Auqaf Department.
This house like Gurdwara is being used as a residence. The occupant has placed a portrait of Jagat Guru in Prakashasthan and allow any Devotee who comes there to see it.
Acknowledgements: Text and photographs:Historical Sikh Shrines in Pakistan : Iqbal Qaiser