Welcome to Directory of Gurudwaras Worldwide
The District of Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar is situated in Punjab State of Northwestern India. It is 1266 Sq. Km. in area. It is surrounded by District Jalandhar in the West, District Rupnagar in the East, District Hoshiarpur in the North and Districts Ludhiana and Kapurthala in the South. The City of Nawanshahr is the headquarter of this District.
The District was earlier known as Nawanshahr District, when it was created by S. Harcharan Singh Brar, the then Chief Minister of Punjab, in 1995. It was carved out of Jalandhar and Hoshiarpur Districts. The City of Nawanshahr was founded by Nausher Khan, an Afghan Military Chief of Sultan Ala-ud-din Khilzi (1296-1316). Earlier it was called 'Nausar', but with the passage of time, the City came to be known as 'Nawanshahr'.
Nawanshahr District was renamed as Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar on September 27, 2008 when an annoucement to this effect was made by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on the 101st birth anniversary of Shaheed Bhagat Singh at Khatkar kalan, the ancestral Village of Shaheed Bhagat Singh, which is at a distance of 8 Km from Nawanshahr City.
This District has been divided into 2 Tehsils and one Sub-Tehsil -
Tehsils - Balachaur , Nawanshahr
Sub-Tehsil - Banga
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 5 Km South of Banga City and 25 Km from Nawanshahr Railway Station on Balachaur-Ropar Road in Village Dosan ...
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 13 Km from Banga, 17 Km from Phagwara and 5 Km from Behram on Behram-Mahilpur road in Village Sandhwan Phar ...