Welcome to Directory of Gurudwaras Worldwide
The District of Mukatsar is situated in Punjab State of Northwestern India. It is 2615 Sq. Km.in area. It is surrounded by District Faridkot in the North, District Ferozepur in the West, District Bathinda in the East and States of Rajasthan and Haryana in the South. The City of Mukatsar is the headquarter of this District.
Mukatsar's old name was 'Khidrane Dee Dhab' , when the Tenth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji came here in 1705. The Mughal forces were following Guru Ji. At Khidrane Dee Dhab , 40 Sikhs ( who had left Guru Ji at Anandpur Sahib by giving a letter known as 'Bedava' ) fought against Mughal forces under the leadership of Mata Mai Bhago and won martyrdom. Only Mata Mai Bhago was able to survive. Guru Ji also killed many Mughals with his arrows. When Guru Ji reached battlefield, one Sikh Bhai Maha Singh was still alive. He requested Guru Ji to tear that letter and again grant Sikhism to all the 40 Sikhs. Guru Ji tore that letter and blessed 40 Sikhs as Muktas (the liberated ones who do not fall into cycle of Births and deaths). Soon Maha Singh breathed his last in Guru Ji's lap. So this Dhab came to be known as Mukatsar : Mukat means 40 Muktas and Sar means Land, meaning 'the Land of 40 Muktas' or 'the Land of 40 liberated ones'. Litterly Mukatsar means 'the Pool of Liberation' . Mukatsar was the last battlefield of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in 1705.
This District has been divided into 3 Tehsils and 4 Sub-Tehsils -
Tehsils - Giddarbaha , Malout , Mukatsar
Sub-Tehsils - Lakhewali , Bariwal , Lamabi , Doda
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 15 Km from Mukatsar City on Kotkapura-Mukatsar Road in Village Sarai Nagaan. Earlier this Village was know ...