Welcome to Directory of Gurudwaras Worldwide
The District of Kapurthala is situated in Punjab State of Northwestern India. It is 1633 Sq. km. in area. It comprises of two Parts separated by 32 Km from each other. The First Part has Kapurthala, Sultanpur Lodhi and Bholath Tehsils. It is surrounded by District Hoshiarpur in the Northeast, River Beas separates it from District Gurdaspur in the North, River Beas separates it from District Amritsar in the Northwest and West, River Sutlej separates it from District Jalandhar in the Southeast and District Ferozepur in the South. The Second Part has Phagwara Tehsil. It is surrounded by District Jalandhar in the West and South, District Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar in the Southeast and District Hoshiarpur in the North and Northeast. The City of Kapurthala is the headquarter of this District.
The City of Kapurthala was founded by Rana Kapur, a Scion of the Ruling Family of Jaisalmer (in State Rajasthan) in the 11th Century. It was the Capital of the Princely State of Kapurthala founded and consolidated by Sardar Jassa Singh Ahluwalia in 1748. The District is known for large Export trade in Sugar, Wheat and Cotton. The metal work and hand- painted clothes of Tehsil Phagwara are also famous.The town of Kapurthala is famous for Rail Coach Factory which produces 1500 Coaches per Year.
This District has been divided into 4 Tehsils and 1 Sub-Tehsil -
Tehsil - Kapurthala , Phagwara , Sultanpur Lodhi , Bholath
Sub-Tehsil - Dhilwan
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 6 Km Northeast of Phagwara City in Village Chakk Prema. This Holy place has been blessed by the visit of S ...
Gurudwara Sri Bebe Nanaki Ji Sahib, Sultanpur Lodhi, constructed in 1970`s, honours the memory of Bebe Nanaki, elder sister of Guru Nanak. The actual ...