Sat Guru Ram Das ji was born at Chuna Mandi Bazaar at the site of present Shrine on 26th Assu Samvat 1591 (24th Sept 1534 AD) and spent first seven years of his life here.
The ancestral home of Sat Guru was very small. Maharani Nakain (wifeï¿½of Maharaja Ranjit Singh) built a Shrine to celebrate the birth of her son Kharrak Singh. This is a big building measuring 97.5'X122.5'. It has been built more or less like Harmandir Sahib. There is big courtyard in the west. Nishan Sahib is hoisted in the western corner.
It was the place from where "Singh Sabha Leher" started. The Shrine remained under the control of Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee from 1927 to 1947. It is with Auqaf Department at present. There are 8 shops endowed in the name of this Shrine.