Talapur, a Village, 3 km east of ChamKaur Sahib (30"53`N, 76Â°25`E) in Ropar district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Tibbi Sahib. It stands on the top of a sandy mound (tibbi, in Punjabi) along a link road half a kilometre away from the Village. On 6 December 1705, Guru Gobind Singh with his two elder sons and 40 Sikhs is said to have halted on this mound to survey the country in front before marching on to ChamKaur. The platform, constructed to mark the site, has recently been replaced by a modest looking single room Gurdwara. The Guru Granth Sahib is seated inside the sanctum and is attended by Nihang Sikhs.
Gurudwara Sri Tibbi Sahib is situated in the Ropar district. It is situated on Kiratpur Sahib - Bharat garh road on the other side of canal. It was the scene of a fierce battle in the time of Guru Gobind Singh ji. When Guru Sahib evacuated Anandpur on the night of december 1705. He was following the main route to Ropar. By the time he had reached near Shahi Tibbi, covering a distance of about 14 km from Anandpur, he was overtaken by the pursuers. Bhai Udai Singh, one of the followers saw Sahibzada Ajit Singh ji engaged in battle with mughals, then Bhai Udai Singh ji and challenged the mughals and Baba Ajit Singh ji breaked there circle and moved forward. While the rest of the column marched on. This was a desperate rearguard action. Bhai Udai Singh and his 50 companions fought valiantly and were killed to a man.