Bharatgarh an old Village 18 km north of Ropar (30Â°58`N, 76Â°S1`E) in the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur. Guru Tegh Bahadur passed through this Village travelling in July 1675 from Anandpur to Delhi resolved to make the supreme sacrifice to uphold the freedom of faith. His first halt was at Kiratpur where he spent a day meeting relations and making offerings at the holy shrines. The next halt was at Bharatgarh, a distance of about 10 km from Kiratpur.
A platform was established here to commemorate his visit. The present gurdwara was constructed in 1932. It is situated along the main street and consists of a flatroofed rectangular hall with a verandah on the eastern side. The shrine is managed by a committee of the local Sikhs.