RUPANA. village 7 km south of Muktsar (30Â° 29"N. 74Â° 31`E) in Muktsar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh who, according to local tradition, arrived here on 28 Baisakh 1762-25 April 1706 after the battle of Khidrana, now Muktsar. Gurdwara Gurusar Patshahi X, commemorating the visit, stands in the centre of a lowlying area, now a vast perennial pond owing to waterlogging. It is reached through a causeway built in 1971. The ground floor of the rectangular building is closed because of dampness. The domed sanctum is at the far end of the hall on the first floor. The Gurdwara owns 10 acres of land and is under the control of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
Gurdwara Gurusar Sahib, Rupana, is associated with he Tenth Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He came here after winning the battle of Muktsar in 28 Baisakh/ 25th April, 1706. He rested here for some time. While Guru Ji was resting, a wild crow kept flying about cawing. Guru Ji shot the crow with an arrow. On being asked by his followers, Guru Ji explained that the wild crow was in fact an old headman of the Village who had been cursed and turned into a crow because of his evil deeds. Guru Ji said that he had come to this place to emancipate the crow. The gurdwara stands in the center of a low laying area, now vast perennail pond owing to water logging. To reach there one has to go through a crossway built in 1970. Ground floor of the Gurdwara building is closed because of dampness. The birthdays of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji are celebrated with great fervour. A big fair is organized every year during 1st week of March
Gurdwara Gurusar Sahib, Rupana, is situated in Village Rupana of district Mukatsar on the Malout-Muktsar Road, about twenty five kilometers from Malout and seven kilometers from Muktsar.
The Secretary, Management Committee,
Gurdwara Gurusar Sahib,
Village and Post Office Rupana,
Pin code 152 032