Gurudwara Sri Degsar Sahib Patshahi 6th & 10th is situated in the Katana Village in district. Ludhiana. Gurudwara Sahib is situated on the Doraha Nillon link road by the side of canal
Paatshaahi 6th related: Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib came to this place on 20th phagun 1675. Guru ji had 7 cannons, 1100 horse riders & chandu qaidi ( the one who was involved in Sri Guru arjun Dev ji's martyrdom) , one gown with 52 flower buds with which he freed 52 prisoners from gwalior fort. He also took rest here for a night & tied his horse with a "ber" tree. This place is known as Damdama Sahib.
Paatshaahi 10th related: Guru Gobind Singh ji , on becoming "uchh da pir", came here on 11 poh 1761 bikrami. Along with him came Bhai daya Singh, Bhai dharam Singh, Bhai maan Singh, Bhai nabi khan & Bhai gani khan. He got his bed placed under the "ber Sahib" & took rest. He also distributed the "deg" with his holy hands & named this place as "degsar Sahib". So whoever offers deg with a promise, his desire is fulfilled by Guru Sahib.
River related: in the year 1854, a survey was conducted regading sirhind river & it was proposed to pass a river from this place but the engineer, mr. Smith, who was taking care of the digging work got blind while cutting the "beri Sahib". Blood came out wherever the "beri Sahib" was hit. The foreigner engineer regretted & offered deg of rs 51 & he began to see again. Then this place was not touched at all & the river was made to bend & pass.
The river going close to Gurudwara Sahib is a proof to history & the "beri Sahib" still exists. A small Gurudwara Sahib constructed by mr. Smith is close by & can be seen standing on a hillock. He wanted to destroy this Gurudwara Sahib & construct a Gurudwara Sahib on it but this big Gurudwara Sahib still stands firm with its glory & there is a big "jor mela" on every sangraand.