Gurdwara Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji Patshahi VII - Bhungarni

Bhungarni, Village near the right bank of the Jalandhar branch of the Bist Doab canal, 20 km south of Hoshiarpur (31° 32`N, 75° 55`E), is sacred to Guru Har Rai, who stayed here in the course of his journey between Kiratpur and Kartarpur. A platform and a small shrine, established inside the Village in honour of the Guru`s visit, was looked after for a long time by a line of Mirasi (Muslim bards or heralds) priests until the local Sikh sangat took it over in the Singh Sabha days. Later, a new building was raised on the site (cornerstone laid on 19 March 1917).

Now known as Gurdwara Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji Patshahi VII, the shrine is managed by a local committee under the overall control of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Besides the daily services, special divans are held on the first of each Bikrami month. The major festival of the year is Baisakhi which is celebrated with special eclat as the birthday of the Khalsa.

Address
Bhungarni, , , Punjab, India
Meta Keys