Gurdwara Manji Sahib, Karnal is associated with the first Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji who visited Karnal during his First UDasi or travel in the year 1515. At that time, the people of Karnal were held in awe by a number of Muslim Pirs, or holy men, who had built their reputations by conjuring miracles. Chief among them was Pir Abu Ali Shah Kalandhar. Guru Nanak Dev Ji came and stayed in a garden. This garden had a small mound, on which he sat and recited hymns (shabads). This brought to him a number of ardent Devotees. The Muslim pirs did not like this and some of them went and complained to Pir Abu Ali Shah Kalandhar. Pir Abu Ali Shah was angered by what he heard from his people and he set off to meet the Guru, sitting astride a wall. He hoped to impress Guru Nanak Dev Ji with this miracle. However, before he could reach the place where Guruji was staying, the wall that he was riding upon stopped moving and he could not move ahead. He then realized his mistake and accepting defeat, went on foot to pay his obeisance to the Guru. Guru Nanak Dev Ji advised him to shun such practices and use his spiritual strength for the good of the people. The Sixth Guru, Guru HarKishan Sahib Ji also visited this place on his way to Delhi in 1663. In 1709, Baba Banda Singh Bahadur captured Karnal and established Sikh rule here
Gurdwara Manji Sahib, Karnal is located on Sarafa Road, Old Sarafa Bazaar, Karnal, about one km from the Grand Trunk Road (National Highway-1).