Gurudwara Tahli Sahib Patshahi Satvin – Kartarpur
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 2 Km South of Kartarpur town.
The Seventh Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Har Rai Ji visited this place while on his way from Kiratpur Sahib to Goindwal Sahib in 1658. He was accompanied by 2200 Horse-riders. Guru Ji tied his horse with a Tahli tree (Dalbergia Sissoo) and halted here for sometime. That tree is still present and the Gurdwara is named after the tree
About 2 km south of the main town, marks the site where Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji, accompanied by his horseguards, stopped while on his way from Kiratpur to Goindwal. The Gurdwara is named after a shisham Tahli tree (Dalbergia sissoo), which still exists. According to local tradition, the Guru’s horse was tied to the tree. The present buildings were constructed in 1949 under the supervision of Bhai Ishar Singh of Rara Sahib. The central building is a flat roofed rectangular hall in which is located the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.