Gurudwara Sri Tham Sahib, Khem Karan
Gurdwara Sri Tham Sahib Khem Karan marks the site of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's visit.
Gurudwara Thamm Sahib, near the Kasur Gate, marks the site of a manjior preaching centre established by Guru Amar Das (1479-1574) through Bhai Kheda, a Brahman worshipper of goddess Durga converted to Sikhism. The Guru had given to Bhai Kheda a log pillar (thamm in Punjabi) which, preserved as a sacred relic, gave the shrine its name.
The old shrine and the holy Thamm`were destroyed during the IndoPakistan war in 1965. The present building, a small flat roofed hall, including the sanctum, was raised by the local sangat in 1966. A new log brought from Goindval, once the scat of Guru Amar Das, has replaced the old relic. An old well on the premises is believed to date from Bhai Kheda`s days. The Gurdwara is maintained by the local sangat. The death anniversary of Guru Amar Das falling in August -September is marked by special divans.