Gurudwara Sri Patshahi Panjvin – Bilga
This Gurdwara is situated near Bilga Railway Station on Phillaur-NurMahal Road in Village Bilga.
The Fifth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Arjun Dev Ji visited this place in 1589 while going to Village Mau Sahib for his marriage with Mata Ganga Ji. Guru Ji took rest at this place for two Days. At that time Bilga was only in shape of seven huts. The people of the Village served Guru Ji with respect. Guru Ji was very pleased and blessed them with his belongings which he gave them after his bath. Those belongings are still preserved here and include a Chola, a Pyjama, a Dushala, a Purse, a Cap, a Simran Mala and one Chandan Ki Chawanki.
According to the Mahan Kosh compiled by Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha, when Sri Guru Arjan Sahib Ji was due to get married, Guru Arjan travelled from Goindwal Sahib and arrived here on 1st July 1589 (although the Gurdwara board incorrectly states the date as 1590).
Guru Arjan was travelling to Mao Sahib to get married to Mata Ganga. Along with Guru Arjan the marriage group included Baba Budha Ji, Bhai Manj Ji, Bhai Shalo Ji, Mian Mir Ji, Bhai Gurdas Ji, Bhai Sang Ji and other Sikhs.
At the time, the village of Bilga only consisted of 7 mud huts. However, the villagers served Guru Arjan and the marriage group with great respect and dedication for 2 days.
Guru Arjan was highly impressed with the hospitality the villagers provided and so gave some of his clothes as gifts. The clothes were preserved and can be seen at the Gurdwara.
A well has been preserved in the main Gurdwara, this well provided bathing water for Guru Arjan while he stayed at this location. Every year, there is a great diwan on 18, 19, 20 Harh where (on the last day) the clothes of Guru Arjan are displayed.