Gurudwara Shri Patshahi Chevin Sahib, Gill Kalan
Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji visited Gill Kalan when preparations for the 1631 Battle of Gurusar were being made.
Guru Hargobind set up a temporary camp in Gill Kalan and pitched his tambu (tent) near the dhab (water hole). There was a dense forest surrounding the village at the time.
The people from nearby villages would brought milk and other food rations so that food for the Sikh army could be prepared. Guru Hargobind planted his war banner to declare he was ready to defend against muslim terrorism.
The Battle of Gurusar was the third battle fought by Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji near Mehraj with Lala Beg and Qamar Beg in 1631. Despite overwhelming odds, the mughals were completely crushed in this battle.
The mughals had a 35,000 strong army while Guru Hargobind’s side only numbered 4,000. The battle was fought during winter season and Guru Ji had pre-planned everything. Because the mughals were not fully acquainted to the conditions of the area they had not planned well for the battle.
This Gurdwara has the horse blankets of Guru Hargobind’s horses Dilbagh and Gulbagh. The Gurdwara has a cloth with the blood of Guru Hargobind, which was due to an injury during the fighting.
Although both Dilbagh and Gulbagh both became shaheed, over 25,000 out of 35,000 mughals were also killed. The mughals were taught a valuable lesson.
After the Battle of Gurusar, Guru Hargobind held diwans to teach the Sangat about Sikhi here. Guru Hargobind then travelled towards Kiratpur Sahib, stopping at village Kangar.
The sarovar was built in 1968.