Gurudwara Sri Nanaksar Sahib, Takhtupura
Gurudwara Sri Nanaksar Sahib is situated in the Village Takhtupura, district Moga. Situated 5 km east of Nihalsinghvala it is sacred to Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji, Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib ji and Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji. Three separate shrines close to one another and collectively called Nanaksar after the name of the Sarovar or sacred pool commemorate the Guru’s` visits.
Gurdwara Patshahi Pahili, on the bank of Nanaksar Sarovar, marks the site where Guru Nanak Dev ji had discoursed with a few siddhayogis who lived on a nearby mound. At that time Raja bharthari (Raja of ujain) was also living here, serving the sidhs. He was told that he had to marry the rajkumari of junagarh, and for that he had only eight peher’s left. And if Raja failed to reach there, she will die. After that he will have to come in life again to get married to her. Raja bharthari requested sidhs to help him reaching there, but sidhs refused because they were not able to do so in such a short time. Then on Raja’s request Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji took him to junagarh in one peher and got married with rajkumari. Also Guru Sahib brought him back here and advised him live here only.
The building, raised by the local sangat on the site of an old mud hut, was constructed in 1975 by Sant Barbara Singh of Lopon. The new six storeyed edifice is a marble floored hall, with the sanctum at the far end. The upper storeys built over the sanctum have above them a lotus dome topped by a gold plated pinnacle.
Gurudwara Patshahi Chevin commemorates the visit of Guru Hargobind, who came here after the battle of Mehraj in December 1634. According to local tradition, Bhai Jakko, a leading farmer of the Village served him with devotion. For a long time only a platform set up as memorial had existed here.The present Gurdwara was built by Sant Sundar Singh Bhindranvale in 1921. The sanctum is in the middle of a high ceilinged, marbled hall, with a gallery at mid-height. There is a basement below and domed pavilion above the sanctum topped by a gold plated pinnacle
Gurudwara Patshahi Dasvin, on the eastern bank of the Sarovar, is dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh ji, who visited Takhtupura on route to Dina in December 1705. He is said to have bathed in the sacred Nanaksar. The old building, constructed by an Udasi saint, Bishan Das, collapsed during the abnormally heavy rains in 1955, and was replaced by the present complex raised by Sant Darbara Singh of Lopoh in 1962. It comprises a marble floored hall, with the sanctum in the middle.
Nanaksar, the rectangular Sarovar, was partly lined by Dhanna Singh Malvai, a general under Maharaja Ranjit Singh. It was desilted and completed with a marbled circumambulatery terrace in 1921 under the supervision of Sant Sundar Singh Bhindranvale.
These shrines are administered by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Besides the daily services and the observance of important anniversaries on the Sikh calendar, a largely attended divan is held on every new moon day. The major function of the year, however, is a 3day religious fair held to mark the popular festivals of Lohri and Maghi (mid-January). The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee also runs at Takhtupura an educational institution, Guru Nanak Khalsa High School, managed by a separat e 11member committee.