Gurudwara Sri Akoi Sahib, Sangrur
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 5 Km North of Sangrur City on Malerkotla-Sangrur Road in Village Akoi. This Holy place has been blessed by the visits of First Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Sixth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and Ninth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited this place in 1504. At that time a dense forest existed here. Guru Ji blessed the followers and said that one Day a City would prosper here. Guru Ji had come here from Nanakiana Sahib, Village Mangwal.
Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji visited this place in 1616. Some Sadhus had burnt a Peepal tree at Nanak Matta which belonged to Guru Nanak Dev Ji. So Alamsat, a follower of Baba Gurditta Ji (the eldest son of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji ), requested Guru Ji to visit Nanak Matta. Guru Ji , while on his way from Amritsar to Nanak Matta, stayed at this place due to strong devotion of Manak Chand Ji. People served Guru Ji with love and devotion. The karir tree with which Guru Ji had tied his horse still exists here. Guru Ji blessed this place with milk and sons.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji visited this place in 1665 alongwith his Mother, Mata Nanaki Ji, his wife, Mata Gujri Ji, his Maternal Uncle Kirpal Chand Ji , few Sikhs and Rababi group of Bhai Nathu ram Ji, while on his way from Anandpur sahib to Assam on 3 Years Journey. Guru Ji came via Villages Aalo-Aarkh, Bhawanigarh, Gharachon, Mangwal and Nanakiana. Guru Ji arranged Kirtan Darbar here.