Gurudwara Pehli Patshahi at Chawli Masaekh, Burewala
This holy Shrine is located in Chak No. 317 EB, on the Burewala-Sahoki road. It is also known as Chak Diwan Sahib Chawli Mashaekh or Chak Haji Sher.
The buses going from Burewala Railway Station to Sahoki normally go to this Village. The. mazaar of Diwan Haji Sher Mohammad is in this Village. His real name was Mahan Chavar. He was the son of Raja of Chunian, Mahi Pal and Rani Chunian. “Kangan Baras” was the name of his sister and the famous town of Kanganpur of Kasur district named after her exists even today. Mahan Chavar died around 730 AD. The Gurdwara of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is half a kilometer from the Mazaar of Mahan Chavar. The people call it “Tapasthan Guru Nanak” even now. Once Akali Singh sevadar (custodian) looked after the Shrine but now a Muslim family is performing this duty.
Baba Guru Nanak Dev ji also visited this place in early 16th century. Guru ji travelled extensively to learn about the one true God and also to spread his message. For this purpose he undertook five journeys across India and even Makkah, Medina and Baghdad. He came here probably during his first Udasi (jouney) 1499 – 1506. At the place he meditated, a gurdwara was constructed, which is known as Gurdwara Pehli Patshahi or Tapasthan. It is close to the famous well, where Baba Farid Ganj Shakar reportedly performed his chillah, while hanging by a thread in the well for 12 years. Nadeem Mushtaq Ramay sahib writes on Burewala News Online, that the gurdwara was in a bad shape, but some people took interest and drew the attention of the chief minister Chaudhry Pervez Elahi and on his instructions it was repaired and evacuated from the squatters occupying it.