Gurudwara Nanaksar at Harappa
Harappa is a very old city of district Sahiwal (Montgomery) This city flourished even thousands of years before Christ, later it became a ruin either due to some natural calamities or invasion from outsides. Gold and silver coins excavated from this place have inscription of different shapes but these inscription have not been deciphered to date. These inscriptions prove that the people of this land knew how to read and write thousands of years ago. The sacred Shrine of Sat Gur Nanak Dev Ji called “Nanaksar” is displaying its grandeur in a grove of trees about 1.25 km south of the ruins. The building is grand and beautiful. There is a big tank near the Prakashasthan.
Once a big fair used to be held on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of Chaiter. Presently this sacred place is known as the building of Government College, Harappa. There are many residing rooms attached to it. Ten ghumaon of agricultural land and a big estate stands in the name of Shrine beside a well and a large garden.
The foundation stone of the Shrine was laid by Sant Sangat Singh Ji Maharaj, a resident of Kamalia, on 4th of Poh, Samvat 1998 Nanak Shahi 473 and the construction began on the 18th of Dec. 1941 AD.