Gurudwara Kiara Sahib
Gurdwara Kiara Sahib:
Kiara means an agricultural field or plot. This Gurudwara is related to a miracle wrought by Guru Nanak Dev in his boyhood. It is situated east of the present town, near the railway station. It is said that the boy Nanak was once grazing cattle hereabout. While he sat absorbed in meditation, the cattle went into a nearby field and damaged the crop. The owner of the field complained to Rai Bular, who called Nanak for interrogation. The latter pleaded that no damage had been done to the crop. Rai Bular sent his men along with the complainant and the defendant to inspect the field in question. but to the discomfiture of the complainant farmer and to the surprise of everyone else, it was found that no damage whatsoever had been done.
The building of this Gurudwara comprises a small, square, domed sanctum with a verandah all around it.<b > This Gurudwara is situated at a distance of one and a half kilometers from Gurudwara Janam Asthan. According to Janam Sakhi, when Guru Nanak was yet a young man, he was to graze cattle. While resting underneath a shady tree, Guru Nanak was immersed in thoughts and the cattle went astray in the fields of a farmer. On having seen this, the peasant got red with rage. The clamoring made by the peasant disturbed the Guru from his trance. On beholding the Guru, he got embarrassed and made a complaint to Raj Bular. The Gurudwara drove the Cattle towards his house. On the return, the Guru just had a kind look at the field which turned green. By watching this miracle, the Hindus and the Muslims revered the Guru. This Gurudwara is situated in that historical field. The building is large.
A boundry wall and a Sarovar has been got built around the whole field. Before obtaining the management of this Gurdwara by the panth in February 1921, a trio consisting of Mahant Fauja Singh, Mahant Ujjagar Singh and Mahantani Inder Kaur, was managing the affairs of this Gurdwara. After the partition of 1947, This Gurdwara came under the Pakistan Waqf Board and is continueing as such. The holy tank stands dry and Sri Guru Granth Sahib is not opened ceremoniously. <p >45 morabbas of land is endowed to the Gurudwara in the Village Daria.