Gurudwara Gurusar Sahib – Maddoke
This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 16 Km from Moga Railway Station on Moga-Barnala Road in Village Maddoke. The Sixth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji visited this place with 500 Sikhs in 1634 after winning the battle of Mehraj.
In 1631, Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji arrived here at the site of Gurdwara Sri Gurusar Sahib Maddoke.
During Guru Hargobind’s first visit, Guru Ji met Mata Bhago and some other Sikhs. At the time a thief was stealing buffalos from the village Matwani and keeping them at Maddoke under disguise.
Guru Hargobind asked for the buffalos to be washed and to everyones surprise their colour changed from black to brown.
From here Guru Hargobind travelled via Meharo, Moga, Ghal Kalan to Daroli Bai Ki.
Guru Hargobind’s second visit was after the Battle of Mehraj, where the Sikhs crushed the mughals aggressors in a defensive battle. Guru Hargobind travelled via Kangar, Takhtupura, Chakar, Lopon and Daudhar to Maddoke.
Guru Hargobind had come to meet Madho Das, a religous man, and then crossing the Sutlej went to Kartarpur.
There is a tree in the Gurdwara complex that was dry, Guru Hargobind gave the tree water and made it green again.
There are 2 Gurdwaras here, a Manji Sahib where Guru Ji would rest and a Darbar Sahib where Guru Ji would hold diwans and meet the Sangat.