Gurudwara Chhevin Patshahi,Chitti Gatti, Distt Hazara
This tiny Village called Chitti Gatti is in P.S Mansehra. (Hazara district) This domed Shrine is visible in a garden by the road about 8 km from Mansehra.
Gurdwara is beautifully constructed. Inside the dome the genital of Shiv (Shiv Ling) used to be worshipped on the upper floor whereas the prakash of Guru Granth Sahib took place downstairs. A Shiv Ling made of stone is still there. The priests were Hindus and that is why they kept Guru Granth Sahib downstairs. A fair was held on Vaisakhi which was enthusiastically attended by the people living in the surrounding hills.
Chitti Gatti is a hamlet located in Gandhian of Inayatabad union council, of Mansehra area, of Hazara, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Since early times, it is especially notable for two Hindu festivals which occur on 6th Phagan and on 1st Baisakh, as mentioned by an early Settlement Report;, dedicated to the worship of the deity Shiva. The present old Mansehra Shiva Temple here on this site, which has been recently restored, was originally constructed by a Raja of Jammu in the 1830s as an act of devotion. According to the latest archaeological research, there were probably earlier Hindu temples on this same site, but the ancient Shiva Lingam inside the temples precincts is truly ancient and at least 2000 years old. The temple and Lingam still attract many Hindu pilgrims and tourists each year, especially at the time of the annual Maha Shivratri festival.
Mansehra Shiv Temple is one of the oldest Hindu temple in Pakistan that is still in existence. The temple is at least 2000 to 3000 years old. The temple is situated in Chitti Gatti,15 kilometres away from Mansehra in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan. The annual Shivarathri festival in the temple is visited by people all around Pakistan and from abroad. History: According to the archaeological research there existed Hindu temples on the site where now the temple stands and the ancient Shiva Lingam inside the temple is very ancient and is at least 2000 years old. The temple was restored in the 1830s by the Raja of Jammu as an act of devotion. During the 1947–48, the temple was forcibly seized by some people and started occupying illegally. They also sealed up the temple on this site. From 1948 to 2008, the temple remained sealed and abandoned. The temple remained inaccessible to the Hindus till 1998. In 1998, Hindus reclaimed the temple. After that,the temple has been partially restored by the Pakistani Hindus.