Gurdwara Guru Nanak Foundation – Cleveland
Sikhs began to arrive in Ohio after India’s freedom from British rule in 1947. They came for advanced education at universities in the state.
The Guru Nanak Foundation of Greater Cleveland Area was named after Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikh Faith. The Foundation, which at first used rental facilities for religious activities, was incorporated in 1976.
However, by 1980 it was able to purchase a building at 3305 West 25th Street in Cleveland. Membership swelled during the 1980s, and in 1991 the congregation decided to move the Gurdwara to its present location in Richfield.