Gurdwara Kabutar Sahib – Nohar
Gurdwara Kabutar Sahib – Nohar is a tahsil in Ganganagar district and a railway station on the Hanumangarh-Sadulgarh (metre gauge) section of Northern Railway. It is also connected by road with Sirsa in Haryana, 80 kilometres to the north. Leaving Sirsa during November 1706, Guru Gobind Singh arrived at Nohar and camped near Chhip Talai southeast of the town. There were a lot of pigeons near a temple where people fed them with grain as a measure of charity. One of the Guru’s Sikhs trampled a pigeon accidentally which led to an angry protest from the local inhabitants who practiced non-violence as a religious principle. The Guru, however, pacified them by having the bird treated by a barber-cum-surgeon. A legend grew that the Guru had revived the dead pigeon with his spiritual power. The barber family constructed a memorial platform which became an object of worship. A Gurdwara was established at this site in 1908 with the efforts of a Sikh tahsildar, Lal Singh, and a Sikh settler of Dhani Raiyan. With the arrival of more Sikh families after the partition, a new building was constructed. Sant Fateh Singh, during a visit to the Gurdwara in 1958, named it Kabutar Sahib. Baba Pritam Singh Sevawale of Sirsa acquired some space and constructed the present building complex including a spacious square hall with the square domed sanctum in the middle.
Anyone visiting this Historical Gurudwara , please send us images to upload .